- Dacron, called as well polyester, is an economical synthetic material which is durable, Anti-UV and highly wet resistance. It has a small amount of stretch and absorbs almost no water. All these characteristics make it a great handy line in both outdoor and domestic applications.
- Dacron Line (Braided) is the most widely used flying string and bridle line for single line kites. It is good for anyone to fly kites, even for the person who is first learning to fly. It also helps prevent slippage and aids in keeping a kite's tow point in place.
- EMMAKITES braided Dacron Kite Line get one more advantage. We manufacture the line by adding fibers of contrasting colors: Red Flecks with the purpose that the kite line can be easily seen on the sand or on the beach by kids where we usually enjoy our flight and they won't be tripped over.
- EMMAKITES braided dacron line is made with even number yarn to make the line more solid while keep a pretty shape.
- This is a premium yet economical line for your finest single line kites, is perfect for bridles on any single line kite and will serve in a variety of hobbies, crafts, household and industrial applications, like flag halyards, foredeck netting, even light air spinnaker sheets on smaller boats, and etc.
- Product Dimensions: 6.6 x 2.7 x 2.6 inches; 0.3 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0.3 pounds
- ASIN: B01BDLFFXQ
- Item model number: KT5601
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews
EMMAKITES 50lbs / 120lbs Dacron / Polyester String
Color: White with Red Flecks
Tensile Strength - Diameter:
There may be a little deviation due to hand measuring method.
Recommendation on how to choose kite line for your kites!!!
Please choose the right kite line for your precious kites. This is important!
Line could be purchased so many times, but not the kites. Sometimes they are one in the world.
Whenever you fly a kite, please make sure that the line could hold your kite and the wind.
The followings are recommendations of line/kite match ( kites are measured by wingspan):
Kites below 3ft: 50lb~100lb
Kites within 3~4.5ft: 100lb~150lb
Kites within 4.5~7.5ft: 150lb ~ 250lb
Kites within 7.5~9ft: 200lb~400lb
Kites above 9ft: >350lb
Recommendation above are for common case.
However, things may vary according to different kinds of kite shapes.
For example, delta kites of 6ft only needs 200lb kite line, but Rokkaku (hexagon kite) of 6ft needs 400~500lb kite line because their venting methods are so different.
Also, kite spar's material, the vent part of kites all details of kites will lead to the consequences of how you choose kite line for your kite.
The wind is also the critical part.
All in all: KNOW YOUR KITES and CHOOSE THE RIGHT LINE FOR THEM!!!